iMethods is currently seeking an experienced Data Warehouse Developer for a full time contract-to-hire position in Jacksonville, FL area.
The Data Warehouse Developer is Responsibilities include the design, development, and maintenance of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages, Reporting Services (SSRS) reports, and Analysis Services (SSAS) cubes on a multi-terabyte data warehouse deployed on the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 database platform. Other responsibilities include troubleshooting data issues, performance tuning SQL queries, and ad-hoc data queries.
- Design and develop new Integration Services ETL packages that load data from disparate data sources into the Enterprise Integration Services Data Warehouse.
- Maintain and enhance existing Integration Services ETL packages currently deployed to the Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Develop and test relational database Reporting Services reports as well as Analysis Services OLAP reports based upon technical specifications.
- Make changes to existing Analysis Services cubes and create new cubes based upon technical specifications.
- Research data inquiries from business analysts and end users of the Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Perform database schema deployments and data refreshes to other data warehouse environments, such as Staging, Test, and Development.
- Author deployment instructions and unit test cases that coincide with existing and new ETL package development and report development.
- Author ETL design specifications based on user/system requirements.
Required Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 5+ years of T-SQL development.
- 3-5 years programming Data Transformation Services (DTS) packages.
- ETL development using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- 1-2 years of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Understanding of relational and multidimensional data design and development techniques.
- Experience with data warehousing technologies, including ETL, star schemas, snowflake schemas, and cube design.
- Experience with reporting and analytical presentation tools and technologies, such as Cognos, Panorama, ProClarity, Excel pivot table service for OLAP.
- Experience loading large volumes of data into a data warehouse.