iMethods is seeking a Senior Web Quality Assurance Analyst for a contract-to-hire position in Jacksonville, FL.
· Analyze documentation and business requirements/technical specifications of any new project under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality.
· Work with Business Analysts and Development team to create and execute test plans and scripts that will determine optimal application performance according to specifications.
· Collaborate with software/systems personnel in application testing, such as system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods.
· Ensure that testing activities allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify existing or potential issues.
· Analyze formal test results in order to discover and report any defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
· Make recommendations for improvement of applications to analysts/leads, programmers and software developers or engineers.
· Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to Team Lead and/or Project Management team.
· Provide quality assurance certification on assigned projects, confirming they are deployment ready.
· Assist in the development of change control processes, practices, and guidelines for new and existing technologies.
· Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of quality assurance best practices.
· 5+ years of manual functional/regression testing design and execution experience.
· 5+ years of experience developing test case and test plan design and maintenance.
· Proven data analysis, data verification, and problem-solving abilities.
· Testing in a Web based User Interface application environment, with experience running cross-browser testing (Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari in 32/64 bit and across various Operating Systems).
· Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
· Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· Experience with database concepts and the ability to analyze and write SQL queries.
· Ability to effectively work on multiple projects in different stages at the same time.
· MS Office: Word & Excel
Preferred Education & Skills:
· A bachelor or associate degree
· Experience working with Oracle Business Intelligence application or similar BI / Data Warehousing application.
· JD Edwards familiarity
· Experience with JIRA