iMethods is currently seeking an experienced Business Intelligence Developer for a full time contract-to-hire position in Jacksonville, FL area.
The Business Intelligence Developer is responsible for the design, development and implementation of reporting and analytics capabilities utilizing Cognos Business Intelligence and other Business Intelligence software platforms. Reviewing and analyzing data, the candidate communicates analysis results and makes recommendations to senior management to drive business intelligence solutions.
- Development of reports, dashboards, and scorecards, as well as enhancements to existing reports; develop auto event triggered reports.
- Business Intelligence Developer work with team members to produce and document requirements; develop Business Intelligence solutions based on discovery.
- Ensure a high degree of data quality by applying industry standards and best practice to design, development, and testing.
- Perform detailed documentation of design, development, testing and deployment activities.
- Perform post-development peer reviews and coordinate migration and deployment of Business Intelligence solution components to production and non-production software environments.
- Maintain source/version control for all Business Intelligence components and documentation.
- Work with Business Intelligence solution support organizations to report and diagnose problems.
Required Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 5+ years of related Business Intelligence development experience; prefer Cognos experience.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Business Intelligence Developer must be proficient in Cognos 8.x, Dashboard Reporting, Standard Reporting, and Report Optimization.
- Strong Transact SQL (MS SQL Server).
- Good problem solving and debugging skills within Cognos Framework.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills as well as analytical ability.