iMethods is currently seeking an experienced Enterprise Software Architect for a full time contract-to-hire position in Jacksonville, FL area.
The Enterprise Software Architect’s role is to design and implement in-house information systems and networked software architectures that support core organizational functions, and assure their high availability. This individual will gain organizational commitment for all systems and software plans, as well as evaluate and select all technologies required to complete those plans. In addition, the Enterprise Software Architect provides technical leadership across the organization, from strategic decision making down to the project planning level.
- Design and implement long-term strategic goals and short-term tactical plans for managing and maintaining corporate systems and software.
- Ensure that proposed and existing systems architectures are aligned with organizational goals and objectives.
- Provide architectural expertise, direction, and assistance to Business Analysts, Software Engineers, other Architects, and software development teams.
- Develop, document, and communicate plans for investing in systems architecture, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility.
- Where applicable, design, develop, and oversee implementation of end-to-end integrated systems.
- Document the company’s existing systems architecture and technology portfolio; make recommendations for improvements and/or alternatives.
- Review new and existing systems design projects and procurement or outsourcing plans for compliance with standards and architectural plans.
- Confer with end-users, clients, or senior management to define business requirements for complex systems and infrastructure development.
- Model business and systems processes based on findings through use case scenarios, workflow diagrams, and data models.
- Develop and execute test plans to check infrastructure and systems technical performance. Report on findings and make recommendations for improvement.
- Develop and manage a systems capacity plan.
- Develop, document, communicate, and enforce a policy for standardizing systems and software as necessary.
- Provide guidance to junior members of the team
Required Experience & Education:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science/engineering or information systems. This requirement may be satisfied with 12+ years relevant work experience.
- Certifications in software development, systems architecture, or enterprise architecture are desired.
- Extensive experience in developing strategic systems architecture plans.
- Hands-on experience with business requirements gathering/analysis.
- Proven experience in systems and network design and development.
- Strong understanding of information processing principles and practices.
- In-depth technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems, including Windows Server and Linux.
- Hands-on experience with application development tools, including Microsoft Visual Studio and Eclipse.
- Proven project planning and management experience.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Expert knowledge of programming languages, including .NET and Java.
- Strong knowledge of software evaluation principles and practices.
- Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent architecture and technical support documentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and consultative skills.
- Ability to conduct research into emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.